Following the success of the previous Posidonia Running Event, which attracted over 1,800 participants from all over the world, the 2024 Posidonia Running Event promises even more excitement, networking opportunities and lots of fun!
The 4th edition of the Posidonia Running Event will take place on Sunday 2 June 2024, highlighting the importance of Piraeus for the global maritime community. The streets of Piraeus will welcome the international maritime community and keen runners from all over the world, who will join forces for a good cause. Proceeds of the race will again be donated to the Municipality of Piraeus, the Public Benefit Municipal Corporation of Piraeus and other organisations.
Registration & Eligibility Information
Registrations are open to Posidonia participants, members of the int’l shipping community and the public. Eligible to participate are men and women, over 14 years old, who fully and unreservedly accept the terms of participation in the event and will run at their own risk (or under the responsibility of their guardian in case of a minor participant) while they must have recently undergone medical examinations so that their ability to take part in long-distance race has been confirmed. Participation fee: €17 (including VAT).
Don’t miss the opportunity to have fun, exercise and make a difference!
Registration Period - Limit
The registration period will end on Friday 24 May and the event has a limit of 2,000 entries. The registration as well as the payment process may close earlier than the scheduled date in the case that the maximum number of participants is reached, so an early registration is advised.
Call for Sponsors: Should you wish to become a sponsor and support this fun event, please contact the Marketing team.
Call for Volunteers: For the race to take place, we need your help! Join us in closing down the streets of Piraeus, assisting participants and guiding runners to the finish line. Should you wish to support this fun event please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenting the 2024 Posidonia Running Event trophies
Donated in memory of Stelios Kyriakides, who won the 1946 Boston marathon, with the aim of raising money to provide food and shelter to the Greeks, who were experiencing severe poverty after the Second World War and Greek Civil War.
The trophies are Olive Wreaths, made of genuine olive branch plated with 24k gold and donated by Stelios’ son, Dimitris Kyriakides. The same trophies are awarded to winners of the Boston Marathon.
Posidonia is proud to be able to contribute to keeping the memory of Stelios Kyriakides alive.
Date: Sunday 2 June 2024
Starts at: 09:00 a.m.
Start - Finish: Municipal Theatre of Piraeus
Race distance: 5 km
Route description: The start is in front of the Municipal Theater of Piraeus at Iroon Polytechniou in the direction of Chatzikyriakou Avenue. Left turn on Sachtouri Street and then on Mitroou street, ending at Akti Themistokleous in the direction of Piraiki, reversing at the height of Ivi street and heading towards Marina Zeas. The race continues at Akti Moutsopoulou, a left turn on 2as Merarchias Street and finally a right turn to Iroon Polytechniou. The finishing line is in front of the Municipal Theater of Piraeus.
Race time limit: Runners should complete their effort within 1 hour. Otherwise, they will run at their own risk on the route.
Participation packages include:
• BIB number and safety pins
• Race medal
• Water supply
• Storage service
• Live results
• Certificate of Participation
• Medical support
• Technical T-shirt
• Race Bag
How to pick up your participation package:
For the best service and to avoid delays on the day of the race, runners can pick up their participation package on Friday 31 May from 12:00 - 19:00 in front of the Municipal Theater of Piraeus (34, Iroon Polytechniou Avenue). In the case of a group/company registration, receipt can be made by one representative of the team (identification information will be required).
For those who did not manage to receive their package on Friday, there will be a secretariat at the Municipal Theater of Piraeus on Sunday from 7:15 to 8:15 strictly. Participants are kindly requested to proceed at the start line no later than 8:30 a.m.
Please note you have to present the following in order to receive your participation package:
• Email with the participation BIB number
• Identity or Passport
Terms of participation:
• All participants responsibly state that they have recently undergone a medical examination and are perfectly healthy to participate in this sporting activity.
• They fully accept responsibility for any injury or accident that may be caused when commuting to and from the venue of the race, or during the event as well as for anything that may occur during the race such as falling down (which can be caused during contact with other participants), bad weather conditions, traffic but also poor condition of the road.
• The organisers, sponsors and anyone directly or indirectly involved in the conduction of the race shall be under no liability to the participant or any other person in respect of any actions, proceedings, claims, demands, losses (including consequential losses), costs or expenses whatsoever which may be brought against or suffered or incurred by the participant as the result of his/her participation at the race.
• Participants give their approval to the organizers to use their photos or videos from the race, or any other recording without any financial requirement.
• The registration will be considered complete once both the electronic registration and the payment of the respective costs have been made. Banking or other expenses are borne by the participant.
• Payment of the participation fee must be made within 5 working days from the date of registration otherwise the registration will be considered invalid.
• Registrations are personal and are not transferred to third parties at any stage of the registration period.
• In case the participant, having already completed his/her registration, does not hold everything required in the paragraph “Eligibility”, the participation package will not be delivered and the participation cost will not be refunded.
• Cancellations and refund of participation fees can be made until Friday, May 3, 2024. After this date there will be no cancellation and refund.
• In case of postponement of the event, the entries will be transferred to a new date set by the organizing committee. If the event does not take place on a new date within 2024, then € 1 will be reserved for each participation as administration fee and the remaining € 16 will be refunded from the participation cost.
• The organizers have the right to change the terms of participation after making the relevant announcement.
Posidonia Running Event